Tuesday, April 7, 2015

20140519 2.4” TFT touch screen Arduino Shield

20140519 2.4” TFT touch screen Arduino Shield
The TFT touch screen arrived today, and I literally spent hours looking for the right library. I did find a library called “UTFT” or should I say an extension of “UTFT” that someone fixed, UTFT plus can be found here:
I found that using the “Uno” sketch included did work with the screen, I couldn’t get the touch screen or the SD reader working using this library.  And the sketch printed the letter backwards, like how it would look in a mirror.  So it was a start, but it’s not the right library for this display.

Finally I came across this video:
and they gave a link to some weird website that does have English, but it’s not the native language...very weird site:
Well sometimes you just have to put up with the weird sites. Found a library that WORKS! I did have to make a couple of small changes to the font library (been seeing this error a lot lately, not sure why, but the error tells me that something in the .h file needs to be setup as a const) So it’s a pretty easy fix.

At this point I still haven’t seen how to make the SD card reader work, but I’m ok with that. The library has two sketches, one is a touch screen paint program, and the other is just a long demo.

I’ll have a video posted in the next day or so, and I’ll also beable to see if or what it takes to make my own demo of the screen.


UPDATE: I put a library that does work with this screen in my google drive,
It was made for a older version of the IDE, gives an error but is an easy fix (off the top of my head I can't remember what that error is, or where it is at.  It is in one of the .cpp or .h files) It maybe the same error I talk about above.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7GpAH3_kkRLSEk2Wm9HdGNGYTQ&authuser=0

No comments:

Post a Comment